UPDATE: 3/10/20: Spring Retreat Canceled
With the growing concern over Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the United States, and with the caution recommended by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, steps are being taken locally to minimize unnecessary travel and contact. With an overabundance of caution, we have determined it would be the safest call to not hold our Spring Retreat this weekend. It is upsetting to have to make this call, our team has been working hard to create a memorable experience on retreat. That hard work, however, is from a commitment to our teens and the best commitment we can make is playing is safe and minimizing any unnecessary risks.
While no one on the trip would is considered to be in an at-risk category for fighting off COVID-19, the transportation and intimate setting of the retreat would add steps of uncertainty if anyone began showing symptoms on the trip. Compared to a Life Night or Pizza & Prayer session, hosted locally, where quarantine and response could be addressed immediately if someone were to show COVID-19 symptoms, the proximity from home is just too for us to be able to play it safe this weekend.
On a personal level, I am really disappointed that we will not be able to dive deeper in our faith this weekend. The giant stride of confidence shown by all the teens to sign up for their first retreat was a remarkable sign of the spiritual commitment. I’m sorry we won’t be able to explore that this weekend. We will be sure to explore all workaround options and possible dates in the future where we can make this retreat happen down the road.
Any payments made towards this event will be returned. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or follow up.
James (JT) Guiod